The VEKA Recycling process
Our unique recycling process for windows which have traditionally been deemed ‘end of life’ closes the loop on PVC-U recycling.
This means we can create perfect new windows from old, without losing this valuable resource to landfill.
- Firstly, old PVC-U frames and off-cuts are collected from site in containers.
- Windows can only be accepted with the glazing removed.
- Windows are transferred into an industrial shredder where huge rollers break them up ready for sorting.
- Magnetic metals are separated out first.
- Remaining metals are removed using a different process.
- An intensive separation system splits the white material from the coloured PVC-U.
- Specialist, high spec technology is utilised to pelletise the PVC-U to an outstanding level of purity.
- Clean, contamination-free pellets are returned to manufacturing facilities.
- Pellets are extruded into high quality VEKA profile systems and are ready for new window fabrication.